If you’ve never tried lemon curd, then you’re seriously missing out… it really is one of life’s great pleasures. Perfect for a quick dessert or in my Ginger and Lemon Meringue tart recipe.
Follow my recipe and you won’t look back!
Makes roughly 450g
125ml lemon juice – equivalent of 4 lemons
zest of 4 lemons
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp cornstarch
1 jar (sterilised)
1. Zest the lemons, then juice them.
2. Place all the ingredients for the lemon curd, apart from the butter, in a pot.
3. Whisk on a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Continue to whisk until one or two bubbles are released. DO NOT let it boil though!
4. Take off the heat and whisk in the butter.
5. Pour through a sieve if desired (I leave the lemon zest in).
6. Pour into a sterilised sealable jar and chill until needed.
7. Will keep in the fridge for several weeks.
Use this lemon curd to whip up my super easy lemon cheesecake bites. Find the recipe over on my new project Khoollect.